Healthcare Practitioner Platform Features
What we offer healthcare practitioners and researchers
Alongside providing the general public with self-help digital health programs, we also offer healthcare practitioners and researchers opportunities to collaborate with us. Scroll over the images below to get a brief snapshot of the My Digital Health features.
We have built My Digital Health as a way to increase the dissemination and integration of digital health technology into everyday practice, as well as to facilitate and assist practitioners to better develop and establish an evidence-based practice. Click on the buttons below to learn more about the main features offered through My Digital Health for healthcare practitioners and researchers.
We have built My Digital Health as a way to increase the dissemination and integration of digital health technology into everyday practice, as well as to facilitate and assist practitioners to better develop and establish an evidence-based practice. Click open the toggle boxes below to learn more about the main features offered through My Digital Health for healthcare practitioners and researchers.
'Prescribe' programs to clients
- My Digital Health has the capacity to provide a copy of one, some or all of our current digital health programs (for depression, anxiety, PTSD, insomnia, benzodiazepine gradual withdrawal, general wellbeing strategy-based programs, as well as biopsychosocial self-monitoring and real time ‘self-help’ crisis prevention tools), which can then be ‘prescribed’ to clients.
- Our programs, as well as any others created can be duplicated, so that they can be edited to produce a more tailored version, if required.
- We are continually adding new programs and resources to the My Digital Health platform.
Build your own programs
- If you would prefer to build your own programs and digital health resources – you can! By using My Digital Health you can add as many new program websites as you like, with just one click. This allows you to start building new sites within 30 seconds.
- The power of this feature is that you can start to build your own web pages, modules and programs without using any programming code. You can enrich your web pages with graphics, audio, video, interactive activities, PDF and word downloads, etc, and the templating system we are currently using is responsive to desktop, tablet and mobile. Therefore your clients will be able to access what you build from multiple devices.
- We also have created certain ‘builders’ that allow you to create your own forms / questionnaires (using powerful, code free, conditional logic), assessment schedulers, message and alert builders, as well as ‘program and evaluation flow’ builders. This functionality can also help you to greatly enhance what you develop and offer to your clients. We are also increasing the functionality of what these builders can do over the next several months and we will keep this page updated with our progress.
- Beyond what we have built, there are also numerous plugins that you could use to enrich your service program websites.
Secure inbuilt video-chat
- Use our secure, in-built video-chat system with your clients and anyone else you invite into the platform (e.g., other healthcare practitioners, supervisors, the client’s partner, etc) without needing to download any software or pay third party providers. Please note that at this stage, people will only be able to access the video-chat functionality through a genuine Chrome or FireFox web browser.
- The platform will also log your video-chat sessions, so you will always have a record of these activities.
Instant messaging & email therapy
- My Digital Health has been built in such a way so that you can offer your clients maximum choice. Some clients may prefer to receive assistance by communicating with you in real time through text-based communication (instant messaging sessions). Whereas others may prefer to have some time to think about things before they write down their thoughts to you and therefore email therapy may be more suitable for them.
- The beauty of My Digital Health is that you and your client can decide how the treatment is delivered from one occasion to the next. This may involve a combination of face to face sessions, some voice only sessions, some instant messaging sessions, some therapeutic emails, as well as one or two video-chat sessions over the course of treatment. Both parties are no longer locked into just one type of treatment delivery method.
Invite clients & others in
- My Digital Health allows you to invite a new client into the platform easily and simply. All you need is an email address and an invitation will be sent to your client asking them to follow a link to set up an account. A similar process occurs for the other ‘role’ types that you might create such as new practitioners, supervisors, collaborators. etc. From here, you can also easily assign practitioners to clients, supervisors to practitioners / clients, etc.
Enhance client-centred care
- In addition to creating and adding new practice ‘roles’ into the system and assigning these roles to other roles (e.g., practitioners to clients, supervisors to practitioners, etc), you can also create roles like ‘collaborators’ (e.g., another person that may be a part of your client’s care team such as a doctor or a partner).
- Once added to My Digital Health platform, collaborators can simply log in and participate in a group video-chat or instant messaging session without having to download any specialist video-chat software.
- At present, we are adding some additional functionality that will allow the client to grant collaborators access to parts or all of their important data (i.e., the client specifies ‘what’ data and for ‘how long’ it can be viewed). All of these features can enable true collaborative care to occur more simply and easily.
Client management system
- My Digital Health offers you the use of the inbuilt Client Management System. Every time a new client is invited into the platform, a digital client file is created. We use a tab-based file system that contains important information and data in the one place. The main tabs within a client’s file at present include: Client profile, Forms, Client care management, Symptom progress data, Daily self-monitoring data, Timeline of consumer events, Communication logs, Practitioner case notes, and Supervisor review notes.
- The ‘Forms’ tab section is particularly useful if you have forms that you need to fill out as a part of your standard practice procedure. All you need to do is use the My Digital Health Form Builder and create a digital version of the form(s) you use and then add them in here.
- You can also upload reports, referral letters, images, video, etc, in the Case Notes tab section.
- We are continually adding new tab sections to the digital client file and if you have any specific requests or needs – please just let us know.
Establish an evidence-base
- My Digital Health has several key pieces of functionality that when used together (e.g., form builder, assessment builder, message / alert builder, flow builders) allows you to schedule in periodic evaluation assessments. Typically this will start at intake, and progress to ‘during’ treatment, post treatment evaluation and even longer term follow-up. The platform can be easily programmed to schedule assessment questionnaires and notify (and remind) clients when these assessments are due.
- Once your flow is programmed in by you, My Digital Health will then do the rest. For example, you may like to monitor the treatment progress of all (or specific) clients every two weeks, using one or more questionnaires, to check for symptom change. By dragging and dropping and ticking and clicking the various elements (e.g., the specific questionnaires, any notification messages and reminders) into the flow builder, you can construct an entire ‘service evaluation’ flow that may run for six or more months (even years). Programming in the practice evaluation flow can take as little as five minutes.
- Apart from monitoring treatment progress, you can also construct your own forms / surveys asking clients to evaluate your performance (or that of the organisation) or schedule in a follow up assessment one or more years after the treatment has been completed. This can help you to better evaluate the longer-term effects of the work that you do.
- By collecting this data, over time, you will be better able to see how effective you are being / have been with each client. This helps you to monitor and assess your own performance both during and after treatment provision.
- In addition, this feature also makes if very easy for you to grow an evidence-base around all the work that you do given My Digital Health securely stores all of your data in the one place. For example, every six months or so, you might like to do a review of the service data. This accumulation of treatment service data can help you (or the organisation) better determine what is working well and what might not be working so well.
- With this evidence at hand, you can make adjustments to the service that you are providing. If you are also using specific ‘Step Care’ rules, you may wish to slightly adjust one or several of these rules and then re-analyse the data after another three or so months. By doing so, you are continually and rapidly improving your service, ensuring that you base improvements on the evidence, while being locally-focused and responsive to the needs of the clients with which you work with.
Use the 'Step Care' practice builder
- My Digital Health strives to offer healthcare practitioners and healthcare service providers with a variety of timely applications and tools. Our latest addition is the ‘Step Care’ Practice builder. Step care is about providing the right type and intensity of intervention to individual client’s, as well being continually responsive to their changing needs over time.
- If you or your organisation have developed certain ‘step care’ rules around the program(s) / service(s) you provide, you can place these into the Step Care builder.
- Once your step care rules are programmed into the Step Care builder and a step care rule or threshold has been met / broken by any specific client, this will trigger real time alerts. Therefore, if the needs of your client change over the course of treatment, you can rapidly respond and adjust the level and type of service that you are currently providing them.
- The Step Care builder can also be used when clients first enter into your service, as a way to provide your organisation with guidance around what the right type and level of service provision might be for each person individually.
- We will be adding more and more functionality to the Step Care builder over the next coming months – so please check in now and again and we will update this section as it happens.
Code-free 'flow' building
- The My Digital Health platform allows you to create your entire ‘program or practice evaluation’ and/or ‘step care’ flow without needing to write any code. That is, My Digital Health has created an automated process for these tasks so that programming is not required. This means minimal costs and the ability to improve your service, based on evidence, within time frames that you probably have not experienced before.
- Your ‘program or practice evaluation’ and/or ‘step care’ flow can be ‘client’ specific (individualised) or you can create generic flows that are used by certain cohorts or all of your clients. Setting flow allows you maximum flexibility in individualising the work that you do, at a fraction of the cost and time.
- The My Digital Health includes ‘platform monitoring’ functionality for ‘general public’ consumers who sign up to use one of our free self-help programs. We initially developed this platform monitoring feature for those consumers who use the system without practitioner support (i.e., self-help fully automated programs) as a way to provide these consumers with some additional information as they are completing one of the My Digital Health programs.
- Essentially the platform monitoring uses some of the ‘Daily Survey’ self-monitoring data and tracks the consumer’s scores over a period of time. When scores start to decline, My Digital Health sends the consumer an email to let them know this. Consumers are also provided with several recommendations about what they can do to get back on track, as well as given some useful digital tools to use. The platform is currently monitoring the consumers mood ratings (anxiety, stress and depression), sleep, social contact and exercise levels and nutritional quality ratings. This is an ‘opt in’ feature, meaning that a consumer must first let the platform know if they would like their self-monitoring data monitored. This can be switched on and off by the consumer at any time.
- We are continually improving the functionality of our current features, as well as developing new features (and digital health programs) to My Digital Health. This will be an ongoing process for us.
- Our current ‘to do’ items are to add new digital health programs and to enhance the functionality of the Step Care flow builder.
- We are also in the process of adding in some new AI technologies and enhance the recording and reporting of wearable physiological data inputs, so you can better understand how your client is going. These features will also become available to clients a little down the track.
© 2017 MY DIGITAL HEALTH